The STUD, z.s. association (originally STUD BRNO) was created in 1996 as an independent, non-governmental, non-profit organization (common-interest association) whose role is to support gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender minority and seek to attain full equality between LGBT community and other members of the society.
STUD, z.s., IČ 64330346, is recorded in the Czech Associations Registry administered by the Regional Court in Brno under the file number L 5643.
Our bank account for donations at ČSOB: 153432736/0300
STUD brings together not only people with homosexual and bisexual orientation, but also their heterosexual supporters. Besides that STUD also awards an honorary membership to those individuals whose work has significantly contributed to STUD’s development. STUD’s activities are governed by the Board of directors and carried out by dozens of volunteers.
STUD is primarily focused on working with youth to ease the process of coping with one’s sexual orientation. As a result, the risk of development of social pathological phenomena such as suicide, substance abuse, or alcoholism should be diminished among youth.
Main areas of activity
- defending the rights and interests of LGBT people
- helping LGBT people find and foster their own identity
- raising the public awareness of the LGBT minority
- organizing cultural and social events presenting LGBT minority
- facilitating the making of contacts between individuals from this minority
- educating this minority about couple relationship
- participating in activities related to prevention of HIV infection and other STDs
- other activities related to the above mentioned
STUD is member of these organizations
- Platform for Equality, Recognition and Diversity (PROUD)
- Czech Council of Children and Youth (ČRDM)
- Association of NGOs of the South Moravian Region (ANNOJMK)
Since its inception, STUD was a member of the Union of Organizations of Homosexual Citizens (SOHO) until this was dismantled in 2000. In 2004, STUD was also one of the founding members of the Gay and Lesbian League (GLL) which has also ceased to exist since. As far as its individual activities, STUD has long since established a practice of cooperation with other gay and lesbian associations, organizations concerned with gender issues, or other non-profit organizations.